Topic Selection in Image Processing
1. Medical image processing: Major PhD research topic in medical image processing includes, brain tumor, skin cancer, breast cancer, gastric cancer, kidney segmentation, bone disorder classification using CT, MRI and X-ray image database
2. Pattern recognition: Pattern recognition is an another important research in image processing which includes the recognition of facial expression, Iris, fingerprint, palmprint, hand gesture.
3. Remote sensing: Image processing of Remote sensing data sets are obtained by various earth resources satellites for various field such as water resources, earth sciences, navigation, etc.
4. Image forgery detection: There are two type of image forgery detection are available, one is active forgery detection such as watermarking and signature, and other is passive forgery detection such as copy move, splicing, etc.
5. Cryptography and Stenography: To provide secure image transmission using cryptography techniques (RSA, AES, etc. algorithms) and stenography techniques (LSB, sutoku, etc. based image hiding algorithms), has become a prominent concern of researchers. Selecting a topic in this area provides a good future scope.
Selecting Base paper for Research
1. MatLab (Matrix Laboratory)