To ensure excellence in your PhD contribution and have a constructively contributing topic, read extensively and identify research gaps in literature. This can surely be a daunting process and so here there are a few ideas that can be of help to narrow down your PhD topic or at least identify your area of interest:
- Impact of Social Media on the lives of students: Social Media has taken over the lives of everyone, irrespective of gender, age and profession. The study would be contributing significantly to understand the positive and negative effect of social media on the lives of students and suggest remedial action as well.
- A Comparative Analysis of Social Media Marketing and Traditional Marketing: The way Marketing is done has been completely transformed over the past few years because of the advent of technology and the world shrinking on the pretext of social media. Products are marketed on social media as compared to traditional marketing. The topic doing a comparative analysis of the 2 mediums would become the torch bearer for small businesses which are yet to explore this option.
- The elasticity of sales in viral marketing vis a vis advertising in Service Industry: When talking of services, the marketing fundamentals do get modified and altered to suit the specifications of services. This study could take up the difference in the elasticity of sales between traditional and viral marketing in context to services, as the way they are sold are completely different from products.
- A study on the relationship between billboard advertising and customer attention: Outdoor advertising is like furniture on the roads and has been instrumental in shaping the effectiveness of conventional advertising. How much are they responsible, solely for customer attention and significant in their decision making can give insight to the marketers whether or not they should invest in this medium.
- Wellness Marketing and its influence on the purchasing behavior of the customers: Wellness products are a rage like never before. The way people are consuming and their awareness towards holistic health and purity in consumption have transformed the way companies are manufacturing and promoting. How has this affected the conventional purchasing pattern of the consumers can become a relevant study for the marketing industry.